Uniquely American Sunglasses and Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses are part of your identity. Why not upgrade to Made in USA eyewear rather than settle for frames mass-produced overseas? Browse these uniquely American sunglasses and eyeglasses.
For prescription lenses, work with your vision clinic to order frames. Or, order online with your prescription. Hint: Read How to Submit a Prescription for Eyeglasses. Prices are full retail, so keep an eye (ahem!) out for sales.
American-Made Sunglasses & Eyeglasses
- Art-Craft — Founded in 1918, Art-Craft Optical manufactures dress frames and safety frames in America. Look for the Made in USA label!
- Kala Eyewear — Find your favorite frame from Kala’s list of models (all plastic frames made in USA). Then, shop locally or online.
- Randolph Engineering — Yes, you can be a “Maverick” too with Randolph Concorde glasses. Standard issue to the military since 1982, Randolph is “the only remaining metal eyewear manufacturer in the USA.” Made in a family-owned factory in New England. Many shapes, styles, sizes for both men and women. Check out the RX Frames section for prescription eyeglasses!
- Shuron — Seen on Mad Men and movies, Shuron has been making frames in America since 1865. With a one year manufacturing warranty against defects, Shuron frames are available at various retailers or direct from Shuron via their Special Orders department.
- STATE Optical Co. — STATE Optical crafts “luxury American eyewear built from the ground up in Chicago.” Browse eyeglasses in the Optical section, and then buy locally at a store near you . Or, shop the sunglasses section online for non-prescription sunglasses.
- ARC-IRIS — With an aircraft-grade plywood core, ARC-IRIS non-prescription wooden sunglasses are “made entirely by American hands in the USA.” Lenses are Carl Zeiss Sun Vision lenses (not made in USA).
- EQO — EQO non-prescription wooden sunglasses are made to order in Colorado using recycled skateboards. Plus, many frames are customizable in a range of colors for the outer arms.
- J. Martasand — J. Martasand touts: “quality American-made sunglasses handcrafted with pride.” Buy non-prescription sunglasses directly from the online store. For prescription lenses, locate the frame you like. Then, fill out a form to get started.
More Made in USA Style
Need more American-made style options? Click on over to the Made in USA List!