Sock It To Me, America!
From snazzy to sturdy, all of these socks are made right here in the USA. So, keep reading for a sock addict round-up of Made in America socks. Sock it to me, America!
Made in America Dress & Novelty Socks
- Ace & Everett — Quality dress socks produced in a “5th generation family-run hosiery mill”. Socks fit Men’s sizes 7–14. Join The Boys Club to get “an exclusive pair” of socks for $20/month.
- Boldfoot Socks — 100% American-made and sourced dress socks. One size fits most (Men’s 8–13, Women’s 9–15). Athletic and smaller women’s socks coming soon!
- Dapper Classics — American-made mid-calf and over-the-calf dress socks in Men’s sizes 8–12. Now offering a smaller size to fit sizes 5–9.
- Dead Soxy — Warning: “Soxy” Marketing Images! Dress socks in Men’s, Women’s, and Youth sizes. Made in Dallas, TX.
- Freaker USA — Novelty socks in “Unisexy” sizes meant to fit almost everyone. Made in North Carolina. With titles like “Chile Nelson” and “Piggy Stardust,” a few sock themes are . . . off-color. You have been warned, sock people!
- Mitscoots Outfitters — Mitscoots crafts Men’s and Women’s socks in the USA . . . with a mission. For each item purchased, Mitscoots gives an “equal quality item to someone in need.” Not only that, but they employ “the transitioning homeless” to package everything.
- Solmate Socks — Unisex and purposefully mismatched colorful socks. Knit from recycled cotton yarn (made from reclaimed fabric) in a North Carolina knitting mill.
- THIS NIGHT — Men’s & Women’s sized dress socks. Knit in Reading, Pennsylvania using “high-quality, US-grown ringspun cotton combined with just a touch of stretch.” Featuring Japanese design elements.
Made in USA Athletic, Performance & Compression Socks
- B & R Socks — Athletic socks with 50% of profits to the charity on the sock. Manufactured in the USA, socks include Breast Cancer, Autism, and Veterans models.
- CloudLine — Merino wool hiking socks manufactured in the USA with a blend of imported merino wool, nylon, and spandex. In Men’s and Women’s sizes.
- Darn Tough — Merino wool blend socks for hiking, running, biking, skiing, work, etc. Unconditionally guaranteed for life. Made (and tested!) in Vermont. Men’s, Women’s, and “Juniors” sizes.
- Farm To Feet — Seriously serious about a 100% US Supply Chain. Socks for hiking, snow sports, hunting, every day, etc. In sizes for men, women, and kids.
- Lily Trotters — Stylish Women’s moderate compression socks, made in North Carolina. Compression socks help increase blood flow during exercise and pregnancy. In addition, compression helps prevent blood clots during long trips.
- PRO Compression — Targeted at runners but appropriate for anyone who wants to keep their legs feeling great. Unisex sized compression socks come in solid colors as well as patterns. Be sure to check out the dress socks by William Tucker. Low and Mid style socks are priced from $17 to $25 with Over-the-Calf ranging from $40 to $55. Also offering calf and arm sleeves. All socks and sleeves are made in the USA.
- Thorlo — Made in Statesville, North Carolina by a third-generation family company, Thorlo’s socks are made for comfort while running, walking, or working. I highly recommend the Moderate Cushion WMX Unisex Walking Socks. Follow the washing instructions, and these socks will outlast other socks by years! In sizes for men, women, and kids.
- zkano socks — Made in the USA since 2009. Offering super-comfy athletic socks (author-tested and approved!) made of certified organic cotton as well as fashion socks for men and women. Basic socks start at $10. Watch Made in Alabama, An American Sock Story to learn more.
More Made in USA Clothing
Companies expand line-ups over time (for example, adding smaller sock sizes). Plus, I’m sure I’ve missed a few companies that still make socks in America. Reply below, or let me know if changes are needed.
For more American-made clothing, browse the Made in USA List for Clothing.