Buying American on Amazon
Like many of you, I shop on Amazon from time to time for items that are difficult to find locally. Unfortunately, Amazon does not offer a functional Made in USA search or landing page (unlike, to their credit, Brooks Brothers and Nordstrom). So, what can you do if you’re buying American on Amazon?
Know your Brands
The key to shopping Made in USA on Amazon is to know in advance the brands or manufacturers of American-made-only products. I’ve listed several examples below—cross-checked against manufacturers’ websites.
Read the Labels in Photos
Some companies, such as NYDJ, offer a mix of Made in USA and Imported products. If you cannot either (1) verify a claim that the company makes items exclusively in the US or (2) see the product tag in an Amazon photo, don’t assume the item is actually Made in USA. That being said, I’ve successfully shopped NYDJ and others for their Made in USA products and been quite happy with my purchase.
Shop Made in USA Brands on Amazon
- Bayside Apparel — Polos, T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Caps, Aprons, Totes (see also Shop Made in USA T-Shirt Blanks)
- CloudLine — Performance socks (see also Sock It To Me, America!)
- Liberty Tabletop — Flatware, Utensils (see also The Only Made in USA Flatware)
- Okabashi — Sandals
- Red Engine — Jeans
- Solmate Socks — Purposefully mismatched socks (see also Sock It To Me, America!)
- Three Dots — Women’s Clothing
Find More Made in USA Brands
Find more American-made products on my Made in USA List.
What other Made in USA brands do you shop on Amazon?